SEASIDE-SAND CITY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
BOARD MEETING MINUTES 10/12/11
1. Called To Order at 9:40 a.m. by Jim.
2. Present: Jim V.; Richard G; Andy B; Harvey; Carl K; Christian;
3. By-Laws were given out and stated that it is important that we discuss who our current active members are.
4. Two Committees were put together at our last meeting in September:
Finance Committee-Richard met with Tamara, Mose and Sandy on Sept. 19th. They determined the need to audit the books and to get everything in order. They want to make sure that the 2010 taxes were paid and they would also like to see what we our Patrick O. and get a documentation on what we owe him. They set some short term goals: 1, Adopt a Budget, 2. Catch up with Taxes, 3. Reconcile all books and Taxes. 4. Promote Jimís V. concept for new membership to get new business involved in the Chamber.
The committee also set some goals for 2012: 1. Grow the Chamber; 2. Offer Businesses some incentives. 3. Make the web-site more functional. 4. Help & Encourage our Local Businesses. This committee will also meet again on Oct. 19th.
Nomination Committee- Jim and Carl are going to try to meet on Sat. Oct. 15 to see if they can come up with some new people that would like to serve on the Chamber.
5. Richard Glenn briefly discuss S.C.OR.E. (Service, Care, of Retired, Executives) how we need to tape into what they are doing.
6. Richard Glenn talked about ďThe West Broadway ConceptĒ. This concept hasnít been approved yet but Richard feels that it is very important for the Chamber to be involved on the ground level production. They will meet at the Court House on Oct. 20th at 5:30 to discuss the use of property and encourage growth to our city. They will also meet again on Oct. 27th where a community forum will take place at probably 5:30 p.m. This is to stimulate growth in our city. Our city is going through some difficult times like many cityís and this is simply people putting their heads together to come up with a plan to revitalize our city.
7. Jim adjourned the meeting at 10:35 a.m.